Jan 12, 2014
In this episode of The Show Radio, Andrew talks about the
recent Titanfall 6 vs. 6 drama, his Xbox One impressions (now that
he owns one) and Andrew House's Playstation talk during the
Consumer Electronics Show 2014. Are the consumers being overly
dramatic about the 6 vs. 6 count for Titanfall? Is the Xbox One all
that it's cracked up to be? Is Playstation hitting all of the right
cylinders? Tune in and thanks for listening.
Impressions (January 4th).
- Installation, old TV (1080I), A50 (optical)
- UI - Pins include, Party, Activity & Friends. I've also pinned
Netflix, ESPN, Blu-Ray, Skype YouTube and Call of Duty:
- Friends ~ change my view to online now doesn't stick ~ I only
want to see who’s online * Annoying
- Kinect, and voice commands ~ works
- Recently used - always the last four boxes underneath the main
home screen between your profile Icon and “insert disc” icon unless
you already have them pinned
- Party chat ~ Using the built in mic in kinect + my Astro A50s.
When you start a party, the chat if off by default (annoying). Why
can’t it be on by default?
- Skype, only offers 4 participants but automatically upgrades
you to premium. Why not 10 participants?
- Games & Apps are grouped to
- Apps, or lack off (ESPN, Netflix, NFL)
PlayStation at CES
- PlayStation sells over 4.2 million units as of December 28th
- Twitch recently announced that between December 23, 2013 and
January 3, 2014, 20% of its broadcasters were PS4 owners.
Playstation Now, powered by Gaikai ~ BETA starts at the end of
January and full roll out by Summer 2014
- Cloud based TV
- 70 million Internet Enabled Sony Devices in U.S living rooms
today including 25 million PS3 systems
- Based on the number of users streaming video, Sony’s network
would rank in the top five cable and satellite providers in the
- PlayStation 3 is the number one device in the world for
watching Netflix in the living room
- Life Space UX ~ Ultra Short Throw Projector ~ 4K @ 147 inches ~
- Touch Screen projector for any table canvas
SUPPORT MY SPONSOR
HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD!
LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK & DOWNLOAD THE APP!
Got a question or comment? Let me know.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW RADIO MEDIA PODCAST & NEVER MISS AN
Additional podcatchers and platforms include: